LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hana commits to applying her learning!

 I have learned many things at LEAF. I have learned what LEAF stands for, which is  Leadership, Ecology, Action, and Fellowship. I have learned about the life cycle of a salmon, I have learned about people who can't afford much food, and I have learned about water and sewage plants. Some things that I will do differently in the future now that I know these things are: not waste food,  not waste water, be thankful for the people who work in the sewage and water plants, be thankful to the people providing me fresh water and cleaning the sewage. Without them, life would be much harder.  I have learned to not take salmon for granted. I have learned to just be happy. There are much worse things in the world than not liking your dinner.

~ Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment