LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Natalia's Favorite Dessert Recipe: Fudge Brownies

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups of softened butter

2 2/3 cups of sugar

4 eggs

3 teaspoons of vanilla extract

2 cups of all purpose flour

1 cup of baking cocoa

1/2 teaspoon of salt

*Optional: confectioners sugars (powdered sugar)

Directions:

1) In a large bowl…

Cream butter and sugar until it reaches a light and fluffy consistency
Beat in all four eggs and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Gradually add in a combination of 1 cup of baking cocoa, 2 cups of all purpose flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the creamed mixture

2)

a.            Spread the mixture into a greased 13 inch by 9 inch baking pan
b. Put the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is dry and  
    the center is set
c. Once done baking, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely
d. If desired, lightly dust the brownies with confectioner’s sugar


This is one of my favorite desserts because I love anything sweet. I don't really like chocolate, but I have always loved brownies. I enjoy sharing brownies with my friends and family on any occasion, especially holidays and birthdays. I have never been a great baker, but my best friend and my mom are. I have many fond memories of baking brownies with both of them; while I was not much of a help, I always managed to lick the beater clean…I still do!

No comments:

Post a Comment