LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Rou Rou is there for her community

Today we went to GLIDE. GLIDE’s mission is to create a radically inclusive, just and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization. When we arrived we began by preparing lunch for over 500 people. I participated in the activity that included sorting plums and filling jugs of water. Our shift lasted until 1:30. I met many people and heard many different stories.

In the afternoon, we met the founders and staff executives. I was inspired by the stories the founder told about GLIDE’s early beginnings.  I also learned that GLIDE provides housing units for woman and children, healthcare, religious services and many meal programs.  I have participated in serving food on several other occasions and I always leave feeling grateful and looking forward to the next time I can assist in serving the community.


~ Rou Rou

No comments:

Post a Comment