LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Josh Captures the Moment

LEAF Day 2

Today, I went to the San Francisco food bank. I learned many things today while spending my time here. The first thing I learned to day about the food bank was how many people the food bank helps daily. They serve people through out various parts of San Francisco to meet their clients nutritional needs. I also learned about how much food they get and distribute each day. Now as I look back on the day, I am proud of what I did. I helped many families and people who are food insecure get their next meal. I am also grateful for my other LEAF members for helping doing the same thing by helping these people in need.

I saw many people living LEAF through out the day. In the beginning, four volunteers were needed to do  job for some staff members. Four members of leaf kindly volunteered. This is the “L” in LEAF because these people showed leadership by stepping up. I experienced leadership when I lead the group activity in the beginning of the day where groups of other campers got together and discussed what we thought LEAF meant to us. I took action by leading the group into thinking of what some ideas were and what we should put on the chart. Over all, being a leader was fun and exiting. Normally for me, I am not usually the leader because I am more of an introverted person so I don’t step up unless I am told to.

~ Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment