LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Jae - The Voice of Reason

I learned that about 3 pounds can feed a person breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I learned that pasta packing is not that easy to complete with so many bags. I saw people living LEAF when we were kayaking on Tomales bay, I lived LEAF when we were packaging pasta at the food bank while we were working together. I did kayaking on Tomales bay, packaged pasta at the food bank and jumping off a platform into Tomales bay. I feel happy and exited about what I did this week so far. When we were at the food bank to tell people where to put things and were people should be. I was in the forest and I think that is an ecology because animals rely on other animals and visa versa and animals sometimes rely on plants. I made action when I started to use less plastic and waste and start to use reusable things or paper things. I experienced fellowship when I am working in a group and we have to work together to do things and complete things. I feel what I am doing is important because I and other people can protect the environment by using less waste and using things over again or using compostable items or recyclables.

~ Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment