LEAF 2015 - The Movie!

Enjoy Natalia's movie documenting our ten days of exploring and working in the field.

Preparing for Makers' Day Projects - Global Buckets = Watershed Model!

Here is the movie that inspired the watershed model project. Be sure to saturate the dirt in your bucket from the top and then fill the bottom bucket through the pvc pipe every two weeks. Use a nitrogen rich fertilizer once a month.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Our Young Leaders Explore, Learn and Apply Their Learning

I learned to realize how lucky I am to have a place to sleep and enough food to eat. I learned this at the SF Food Bank. I also learned more about ecosystems and how sewage works. I learned a lot of these things at the SF sewage plant and at SPAWN. These are only a few of the wonderful things I have learned at LEAF. I am going to use this knowledge to be more mindful of how lucky I am and whenever I am unhappy with the food that I have for lunch I'll remember that some people don't have enough food to eat. I will also spread my knowledge about ecosystems and sewers.

~ Tim

I have learned the Five Facts of Life but the one that stuck with me the most is that
life continually  cycles through the web of life, for example baby salmon eat their parents. I am going to take less baths and more showers to save water and put a bucket in the shower to catch run off water. I like that I am seeing how an action in one part of the city has an impact in another part of the city. Until now I didn't really understand how our everyday actions make a difference in our community.

~ Faith

Today I learned that the US army created the Presidio water treatment plant and that Point Lobos has many amazing things to explore and see, I enjoyed looking for clues and hints along the trail and in the bushes, I also liked drawing the plants during the quest, I chose Coyote Bush because it was rough, uneven, and it looked like it was very safe and no one felt uncomfortable about being near it.

~ Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment